We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
This page serves as a basic how to play guide for Mechanic Miner. Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Game Menu[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
This is a small guide to the basic controls in Mechanic Miner, they cannot be rebound
General[edit | edit source]
- Move: W,A,S,D or Arrow keys
- Jump: Space
- Grapple object / mine material: Hold right mouse button
- Grapple lock: Hold right mouse button and click middle mouse button
- Use object: E
- Use instance (enter mine): F
- Inventory: I
- Rotate Part: Z
- Flip object: F when placing object
- Recycle single block/machinery: Hold shift and click left mouse button on block/machinery
- Recycle entire object/machinery: T and click left mouse button on object/machinery
- Recycle parts in inventory slot: T and click left mouse button on desired inventory slot
- Repair objects: R and click and hold left mouse button on object/machinery
- Blueprint object: B and click left mouse button on object/machinery
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Select item / pick up item: Click left mouse button
- Split stack: Hold shift and click left mouse button where to split stack
- Quick transfer stack: Hold ctrl and click left mouse button from where to transfer stack
Gamemodes[edit | edit source]
This is a small introduction to the different gamemodes of Mechanic Miner. Go to Gamemodes for a complete in-depth explanation of the different gamemodes.
Story Mode[edit | edit source]
In Story Mode you will progress through different acts by completing quests. Currently Mechanic Miner has one act to Story Mode. Furthermore you can choose to start a Story Mode game with a tutorial teaching you the basic of Mechanic Miner.
Creative Mode[edit | edit source]
Survival Mode[edit | edit source]
In Survival Mode you will start in a random generated world. It's up to you what you want to do, although survival is much harder in this gamemode.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
What you chose to do is up to you, but somewhat depends on what gamemode you have chosen. Here's a few things you could do upon starting a new game:
- Explore: Find uncharted land with new resources, enemies and bosses.
- Delve into the mines/caves: Find a mine or cave. These are usual filled with precious minerals.
- Build contraptions: Use the resources you find to build new contraptions or vehicles.
- Research new technologies: Build a Research Facility and research new technologies (parts).
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
This section is undone. The section should consist of tips and tricks for new players
If you place a part next to another that can connect to it, you get a free connection. Examples include: Boilers + Engines, and Levers + Engines. This way you do not have to hunt down Bakelite for cables or Iron for pipes before you make your first contraption.
A turret will only fire when you click if you are clicking within it's firing arc. This can be useful to prevent you from shooting yourself.
There are a few resources, such as Azurite, which are only for coloring parts. If you don't care about aesthetics, you can dump them to make some room.
You *can* hold the mouse button to continuously fire your turrets. Just keep in mind that for some enemies which move around abruptly you might be better off taking your time with each shot.
The flax plants in the Oasis will not attack the player, only their contraptions.