This page serves as a basic how to play guide for Mechanic Miner. Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Game Menu[edit | edit source]
Controls[edit | edit source]
This is a small guide to the basic controls in Mechanic Miner, they cannot be rebound
General[edit | edit source]
- Move: W,A,S,D or Arrow keys
- Jump: Space
- Grapple object / mine material: Hold right mouse button
- Grapple lock: Hold right mouse button and click middle mouse button
- Use object: E
- Use instance (enter mine): F
- Inventory: I
- Rotate Part: Z
- Flip object: F when placing object
- Recycle single block/machinery: Hold shift and click left mouse button on block/machinery
- Recycle entire object/machinery: T and click left mouse button on object/machinery
- Recycle parts in inventory slot: T and click left mouse button on desired inventory slot
- Repair objects: R and click and hold left mouse button on object/machinery
- Blueprint object: B and click left mouse button on object/machinery
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Select item / pick up item: Click left mouse button
- Split stack: Hold shift and click left mouse button where to split stack
- Quick transfer stack: Hold ctrl and click left mouse button from where to transfer stack
Gamemodes[edit | edit source]
This is a small introduction to the different gamemodes of Mechanic Miner. Go to Gamemodes for a complete in-depth explanation of the different gamemodes.
Story Mode[edit | edit source]
In Story Mode you will progress through different acts by completing quests. Currently Mechanic Miner has one act to Story Mode. Furthermore you can choose to start a Story Mode game with a tutorial teaching you the basic of Mechanic Miner.
Creative Mode[edit | edit source]
Survival Mode[edit | edit source]
In Survival Mode you will start in a random generated world. It's up to you what you want to do, although survival is much harder in this gamemode.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
What you chose to do is up to you, but somewhat depends on what gamemode you have chosen. Here's a few things you could do upon starting a new game:
- Explore: Find uncharted land with new resources, enemies and bosses.
- Delve into the mines/caves: Find a mine or cave. These are usual filled with precious minerals.
- Build contraptions: Use the resources you find to build new contraptions or vehicles.
- Research new technologies: Build a Research Facility and research new technologies (parts).
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
This section is undone. The section should consist of tips and tricks for new players